- Agribusiness Achievement Standard Resources
Agribusiness Achievement Standard Resources
- Agribusiness Careers
- Soil Makes Sense - Careers Presentation by DairyNZ
Soil Makes Sense - Careers Presentation by DairyNZ
So that your Year 11, 12 & 13 students can make informed decisions about their careers, Lincoln University, Massey University and DairyNZ are offering to organise a one-hour presentation for your school.
The aim of this event is to inspire and excite Year 11 - 13 students, about the opportunities and variety of careers offered by our primary industries. We’ve called these events “Soil Makes Sense (and !)”
Brief presentations from five or six young, local representatives from different areas of the primary sector value chain (such as farmers, rural bankers, vets, food technologists, fertilizer reps, rural accountants, environmental managers, scientists etc.). The presentations will be snappy and engaging with each speaker having about five minutes to talk about::
· The Present: their current role and a typical day - what they actually ‘do’ in their day to day work.
· The Past: How they got there. What training or qualifications they needed for their role
· The Future: What’s the next step up if they want to move - how transferable are their skills? What are their prospects in the next 5-10 years?
Following this, the MC of the event will provide a quick overview of the primary sector including the current skill shortages in some areas and the earning potential. Students will also be able to talk directly with the speakers after the presentations.
All students will receive a business card with the website addresses of most of the institutions and organisations that can help them with more advice or information.
- Level 2 New Agribusiness Achievement Standards
Level 2 New Agribusiness Achievement Standards
- 2.7 AS91865 Future Proofing for Business Viability
2.7 AS91865 Future Proofing for Business Viability
- 2.8 AS91866 Conduct an inquiry into the use of organisms to meet future needs
2.8 AS91866 Conduct an inquiry into the use of organisms to meet future needs
- 2.9 AS91867 Business Structures
2.9 AS91867 Business Structures
- 2.10 AS91868 Cash Flow Forecasting
2.10 AS91868 Cash Flow Forecasting
- Level 3 New Agribusiness Achievement Standards
Level 3 New Agribusiness Achievement Standards
- 3.8 AS91869 Future Proofing Strategies
3.8 AS91869 Future Proofing Strategies
- 3.9 AS91870 Strategic Capital Expenditure Decision in a business
3.9 AS91870 Strategic Capital Expenditure Decision in a business
- 3.10 AS91871 Value Chain
3.10 AS91871 Value Chain
- Other resources
Tim Lambourne tracks the journey of Maori exporting and celebrates the unsung heroes of the primary sector. From tennis balls at the US Open to venison at the Burj Kalifa, Maori are supplying some of the most sophisticated international markets.